I'm on a year long journey to cook something each week that I've never cooked before.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Week 14: Double Stuff Stuffed Cookies

I'm behind on the blogging, but up to date on the cooking.  Although, really, this latest entry is hardly much of that.  When I decided to do it, I thought it might be more challenging or come out a lot different.  But this is going to be a short one!

In any case, the project this week was a double stuff Oreo inside a chocolate chip cookie.  That's the place I first saw them, but if you Google it you will find them everywhere.  It certainly sounded like something that might be interesting to do.  I've made odd things like deep fried McDonald's cheeseburgers (tasty) which come out quite unlike you would expect, and I was hoping that there would be some of that magic cooking effect here.

So I got all the stuff to make chocolate chip cookies and I got some double stuff Oreos.  Everyone knows how to make the cookie dough, I'm sure.

The only bit that is even slightly interesting is wrapping up the Oreo in dough.  The first batch I used too much dough and the cookies spread like crazy.  For the second I used just barely enough to coat the Oreo and they came out much more compact.

Results:  Interesting.  I like them, but I'm not sure I like them more than the individual components.  The tastes do blend together well, but almost too well.  You almost have to think about it to notice it's not just a chocolate chip cookie, but if you do think about it, the flavor is more complex.

OK, enough of this easy stuff.  I'm going to have to get more creative this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment