I'm on a year long journey to cook something each week that I've never cooked before.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Small Update: Corned Beef

Day 6 and the corned beef is fine.  It looks a little different in the bag, but it's hard to explain how so, and pictures don't pick it up very well.  The meat looks like it's cooking, I guess.  In any case, only 4 days to go!

Oh, and the bag leaks.  Bleah.

Update:  The leak was worse than I thought.  I cleaned it when I got home and then checked again before bed to see that a noticeable amount of liquid again.  So I got out a new bag and transferred the whole thing.  I hope I didn't screw up some delicate balance thing in there.

3 comments:

  1. Eeeeuuuw! That's probably what that mystery liquid in the produce drawer is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suggestion from the psycho canner: try a picking crock to contain a bag next time. I can always lend you one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a pickling crock, but it wouldn't fit in my fridge. I may just line the drawer with plastic next time and maybe put it in the bottom one instead of the top one. :)

    ReplyDelete