I'm on a year long journey to cook something each week that I've never cooked before.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome to another blog by me!

Why another blog?  Well, I really love to try new things and I love to cook, and so I decided to join those two loves in the new year and I set myself a challenge.  I'm going to cook something I've never cooked before every single week for a whole year.  The blog is really just a helpful tool to record how I'm doing and make myself accountable by putting my progress out in front of people.  Also, this way my friends can offer up suggestions for recipes for me to try.

I'm definitely going to be trying to cook all those things I love to get at restaurants and stores but have never actually made myself.  Jalapeño poppers, Pad Thai, peanut brittle, corned beef, etc. etc. etc.

By the end I hope to have added a bunch of new recipes for food I love to my skill set which I can make for my family and friends.  So really, we'll all be winners!

1 comment: